gdesklets included?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 4 21:04:56 UTC 2007

Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Brian C. Huffman wrote:
>>> 2 Things:
>>>
>>> 1) I see in the GNOME 2.18 gdesklets are included.  Will they be in Fedora 7?
>> gdesklets has already been in Fedora for a long time.
>>
>> # yum info gdesklets
>
> I see it in the "extras" repository in FC6, but FC7 is doing away with that split concept and I don't see the gdesklets package in
>
> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora

Core and Extras are not merged yet so you need to look in extras-devel
instead of devel.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/i386/repoview/gdesklets.html

You could have easily checked the presence of the package in the
repository with yum. The merge is in progress now.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasMerge

Rahul