Xvnc/gnome broken

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Apr 4 21:42:49 UTC 2007

The recent updates to x86_64 have broken vncserver's usefulness.

I have been using the following line in rc.local to
start a vnc window.  Under fc7t3 this would generate
a vnc share that displayed the correct background
but no icons and no right click menu.  Sometimes I could
get a proper vnc share by restarting vncserver, but the
latest yum upgrades seem to have broken that too.

su -l caf -c "vncserver -geometry 1850x1100 -depth 24"

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665