A problem with a package that yum wants to update.

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Thu Apr 5 07:21:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:01:04 -0700 (PDT), George R Goffe wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I presume you guys are aware of this problem?
>
> Is this the right group to email this kind of stuff?
>
> Regards,
>
> George...
>
> yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> 0 packages excluded due to repository protections
> Resolving Dependencies
> /usr/lib/yum-plugins/kernel-module.py:61: DeprecationWarning: getHdrList() will go
> away in a future version of Yum.
>
>   for hdr in conduit.getRpmDB().getHdrList():
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package ghc66-gtk2hs.x86_64 0:0.9.11-1.fc6 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: ghc66-gtk2hs = 0.9.10.2-0.1.fc6 for package:
> ghc66-gtk2hs-mozembed
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: ghc66-gtk2hs = 0.9.10.2-0.1.fc6 is needed by package ghc66-gtk2hs-mozembed

It is in the broken deps report, too. Looks like the last update released
has taken away the -mozembed package without obsoleting it, and since the
previous release is still in the repository, it's broken:

%changelog
* Thu Mar 22 2007 Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat.com> - 0.9.11-1
- update to 0.9.11 release
- disably mozembed for now since the firefox minor version keeps changing
  (#223880)