Live Cd and AbiWord

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 11:06:01 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007 00:05:21 Gerry Tool wrote:
> I just downloaded the Live CD and tried it out.  I was surprised to see
> AbiWord as the word processor.  Just as it has been doing in the first two
> test cycles, it immediately crashes.  It seems like it would have been
> preferable to not include any word processor instead of one that can't
> work.
>
> I can't find the abiword package on the Prime DVD.

Abiword is used on the Live image due to space constraint.  OpenOffice.org +
translations would cost 1.5 CDs in size.  However for the Prime spin, we'd
rather see oo.org as the default, it is more featured.

The abiword crasher was known, but we still included it as we wanted to get a
feel for the space and such.  At some point when abiword gets fixed (I saw a
bunch of activity on it recently) you could do a yum update while booted to
the LiveCD and get it to work again for that session.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora