Spurious logout in F7T3 while reading article in Firefox

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 14:59:19 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 09:02 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Sunday 08 April 2007 08:50:17 Gerry Tool wrote:
> > Has anyone else experienced this?  I have no idea what kind of bug report
> > to post.
>
> I've seen something like that before when I was fuzzing firefox and it turned
> out to be the video drivers. So, which video driver are you using? (It may or
> may not be the answer, but getting logged out is generally X crashing.)

Almost always, in fact.  The notable exception is cases where dbus
crashes, but that's thankfully quite rare.

When this happens, log back in, and look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old at
the bottom to see if there's a backtrace from the crash.  If there is,
file a bug and attach the log, and I'll take a look.

- ajax