latest java from sun is not working.

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 13:27:28 UTC 2007

Dear all,

   I have successfully installed java on fc6 and got it working for the first time since FC3.  It refused to work for me successfully in fc4, and fc5.  On Rawhide, I tried installing the latest jre from Sun and it refuses to work.    installed it on /opt directory as  /opt/jre1.6.0_01/
Just like in FC4 I saw plugin_stack.trace

[olivares at localhost ~]$ ls
Desktop    Downloads  plugin_stack.trace  Untitled1.abw.SAVED
Documents  Pictures   tmp

How do I fix this?
I have seen some posts regarding this with the same problem.

Thanks,

Antonio