F7T4 and SATA/IDE testing - a call to arms!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 17 05:43:04 UTC 2007

On 17.04.2007 00:25, Will Woods wrote:
> [...]
> This is your early warning that F7Test4 - the last of the pre-F7 test
> releases - is coming out NEXT WEEK.
>
> IF YOU HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DISK DETECTION AND/OR OTHER
> DISK-RELATED THINGS, please read this!

Just FYI, I updated two machines with pata drives to rawhide some weeks
ago and it worked (using mount by labels). But on one machine I had an
oddity: that machine was installed long ago (FC2/FC3) when we didn't use
"mount swap by label" -- thus the swap partition /dev/hda? was still
hardcoded in /etc/fstab. I noticed that oddity because suspend-to-disk
wasn't working.

Not sure if it's worth fixing by anaconda -- according to feedback in
#fedora-devel from weeks ago it probably isn't

CU
thl