Rawhide LiveCD

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Thu Apr 19 20:14:29 UTC 2007

Several experiences with latest (?) rawhide Live CD.

1. It boots awfully long. At least compared to any other Live CD. I think
disabling both readaheads and maybe other not needed services for Live CD
would be good option as CD/DVD are slow seeking and loading a lot of
small files just because the maybe sometimes used cost lot of time.

2. I tried it on several computers. Very often I hit various errors after
login and before GNOME was completely loaded. It's note very well
reproducable but I remember something about sound, gnome-panel crash etc.

3. On one system I have two ethernet cards. Even though both were
detected only eth1 was active after boot finished. eth0 was not configured
at all.

Adam Pribyl