Adventures with net Install

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Apr 21 20:23:35 UTC 2007

The last two or three rescue cd net installs have failed
in an interesting way.

The first time I enter the site and path for an ftp install
the rescue cd can't find it.  Example:
limestone.uoregon.edu  /fedora/linux/development/arch/os/
This fails wit or without the trailing slash for both
i386 and x86_64.  I am then given the chance to reenter
the data. Without changing ANYTHING the second try succeeds
in accessing the mirror, and a few files are downloaded.
But then there is a failure to use the stage image because
a file descriptor is busy.  This happened with both x86_64
and i386 installs, both FTP and HTTP.

I was finally able to net install using an older (Apr 10)
rescue CD.
--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665