Rawhide install

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 21:29:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 15:43 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> As of 4/24 the install went just fine, via NFS.
>
> The only thing that threw me off (and maybe that was because I wasn't
> paying attention), was that portmap wasn't included (had to make sure
> rpcbind service was on) to initiate NFS (as client).

rpcbind lives in its own package now (called, fittingly, rpcbind) - is
that what confused you? NFS works fine for me.

> I also noticed (guess again wasn't paying attention) that the theme/icon
> theme was changed to Mist?  If so, it seems the icons aren't all there
> or need some work.  I liked echo better, so I went with the Fedora theme
> and echo icons.

Yes, the default icon theme has been changed to Mist. The fedora-art
folks determined that Echo wasn't going to make it in time, so this was
their fallback plan.

The Fedora theme is supposed to fall back to the Clearlooks icon when
there isn't a Mist one, but it's not doing that yet. Maybe that's why it
seems like there's icons missing?

> Other than above, the install was fine.  Good job so far.

Thanks! Today's rawhide is essentially the same as F7Test4, so it's good
to hear some positive results coming already.

Less than 1 month until F7 final. Battle stations!

-w