Rawhide install

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Apr 26 00:39:41 UTC 2007

> Mike Chambers (mike at miketc.com) said:
> > > rpcbind lives in its own package now (called, fittingly, rpcbind) - is
> > > that what confused you? NFS works fine for me.
> >
> > Yes, and after starting taht service, was able to mount my nfs
> > partitions.
>
> Was it not started by default? It should default the same as portmap.

Yes it was started by default, that part works OK.  It was just me
trimming down what services I wanted to run on boot and that is what
confused me initially, not knowing about rpcbind and portmap until I
figured it out.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"