pretty emacs

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 10:29:55 UTC 2007

>> Here's to a quick merge of the unicode branch and a release speedier
>> than 22...

We need more optimists on this list!
;)

> Indeed!
>
> Emacs with gtk2/xft is a thing of beauty...  :-)

Agreed. I built it too and it's very nice. Hurray! The last of the
cruddy-looking type applications is gone from my desktop.

I do have one issue with the icons in the menu bar missing (not missing,
but the 2 bit versions ie black and white): has this happened to other
people? Is there a way to fix this?

It might be nice to package this as emacs23xft on extras so everybody
doesn't have to build this.

-benjamin