x86_64 live CD F7T4

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Sat Apr 28 17:16:51 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rahul Sundaram" <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases"
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: x86_64 live CD F7T4

> Jim Bevier wrote:
>> I used Bittorrent to download the x86_64 live CD.  It turns out to be
>> 778mb and K3B says it is too big to burn for a CD.  It will also not
>> allow a DVD to be used.  So how can I use the iso image to test?  How do
>> I burn it?
>
> Why can't it be burned into a DVD? There are other options like Qemu, Xen,
> KVM or VMWare if you don't want to use media.

Starting k3b, navagate to the x86_64 iso file and double click on it.  K3b
will try to burn it as a CD and fail because it is to big.  If you insert a
dvd, it will never load it and allow you to continue.  It seems you must
select "Tools->Burn DVD ISO image" to actually get k3b to work.  It would be
a good idea is k3b allowed the user to select burn DVD when you double click
on the file name.

Anyway, I finally got it burned :-).

Jim