Default action on .odt files

Christopher A. Williams chrisw at cawllc.com
Sun Apr 29 03:17:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 06:57 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > Unfortunately, "I loaded it on my system and it works just fine,"
> > doesn't help much at all.
>
> Possibly because you are both using different spins. If you want to
> discuss issues in Fedora 7 test releases it is important to specify
> which spin you are using. The behavior is different between them
> depending on which applications are included.

Good point! I hadn't considered this. Indeed, both of the systems I have
were loaded from the Fedora installation DVD as opposed to the live CD.
Both also were updated immediately with the Rawhide patches and I
installed my usual list of add-ons that I tend to include with previous
versions of Fedora. That includes:

Adobe Reader (with Remi's patch - it's still apparently needed)
Sun Java JRE (a couple of websites I frequent seem to want it in spite
of anything else)
Flash Plugin

Could Sun's Java RPM be causing this? It doesn't on FC6 and I didn't try
on F7T4 before installing it.

> > I have now also loaded F7T4 on a laptop. Again, an install to a freshly
> > formatted drive. Same result - the default action on .odt files remains
> > Archive Manager, followed by Java.
> >
> > Guess I should Bugzilla...
> >
> > One system (the desktop) absolutely freezes when logging in under any
> > account when booting with kernel build 3116. Kernel build 3104 does not
> > have this problem. The laptop does not seem to be affected by the newer
> > kernel freeze.
>
> Yes. Do file these in bugzilla.

I'll work on getting these entered ASAP.

Cheers,

Chris

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.

--Yogi Berra