fc7t4: still eating babies?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Apr 29 13:20:53 UTC 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:39:57 +0100
"Peter Robinson" <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> At a guess the cause of the confusion between the 2 installs is a
> duplication of disk labels between the 2 installs on the 2 disks.

Yea, I've had that one happen too. The e2label program is the one
you need to fix that and/or editing the /boot/grub.conf and
/etc/fstab files (which you can get at by booting rescue mode off
dvd) to use /dev/sda1 type partition names instead of labels.

Speaking of e2label, anyone know a tool that is willing to edit
the disk label info on non-ext[23] partitions?

I've lately arrived at the conclusion that the best combination
is to give the partitions labels that the installer would never use,
then refer to those in the grub.conf and fstab files. That way
I have the moveable disk advantage of labels, but never get
collisions.