sd, sd, who's got the sd - f7 work required before release!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 30 13:08:57 UTC 2007

David Timms wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> This is fine for those who understand how to do this. But for an
>>> average Joe, would you agree that this should be automated ?
>>
>> How exactly?
> My suggestion is earlier in this thread, perhaps you missed it ?
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-April/msg00659.html
> or did you read it and found it to be unworkable ?

Documentation or running scripts manually is not automatic.  Creating a
new tool to do such checks after test 4 release is unworkable. Anaconda
should just deal with whatever checks it needs to run and smoothen the
upgrade process as it does currently. If there are more checks to be
done or enhancements to be made in other programs like fdisk just
suggest them in bugzilla and don't expect them for this release.

For documentation, we could really use some help. Do you want to
contribute?

Rahul