sd, sd, who's got the sd - f7 work required before release!

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 30 14:19:45 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> How exactly?
>> My suggestion is earlier in this thread, perhaps you missed it ?
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-April/msg00659.html
>> or did you read it and found it to be unworkable ?
>
> Documentation or running scripts manually is not automatic.  Creating a
> new tool to do such checks after test 4 release is unworkable. Anaconda
> should just deal with whatever checks it needs to run and smoothen the
> upgrade process as it does currently. If there are more checks to be
> done or enhancements to be made in other programs like fdisk just
> suggest them in bugzilla and don't expect them for this release.
>
> For documentation, we could really use some help. Do you want to
> contribute?
Yes, let me know something specific that is in need, however, I
understood the rel notes process is closed, dead done.

Put simply, out of 4 machines that I have tried to put a f7 test3/4 on
as an upgrade, only one machine has worked and that with test4. I
assumed that with bugzilla's filed and responding to dev requests that
the issues would be permanently solved (especially upgrade issues from
fc6>fc7).

I reckon it would be a pretty sad state of affairs to release f7 without
a nice working upgrade path from fc6, so that is why I made the
suggestion, and it wouldn't muddy anaconda with something that once done
perhaps wont be needed in the future. But I definitely don't understand
the issue enough to even get an upgrade to work on my other three
machines - I doubt less experienced users will be able to.

DaveT.