Laptop not booting under the 2.6.20-1.3036 kernel

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Apr 1 12:02:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've installed and updated my son's laptop using the F7T3 dvd and it
refuses to boot. It gets past grub, starts to load vmlinuz and then
restarts.

I've tried nopci and noprobe as command line options but it continually
reboots.

It's an old laptop - Compaq Presario 1246, but it should be able to
handle things.

The HD was installed originally on my laptop (x86) and transferred over
- I've done this plenty of times in the past. If I put the drive back in
my laptop, it boots fine.

TTFN

Paul