mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Thu Apr 5 16:25:00 UTC 2007

Then

This was an ASUS k8v se delux with AMD 3400 processor.  It was running FC6
and rawhide (up to date as of 4/3).  I replaced the motherboad with an ASUS
MSN-plus SLI with an AMD X2 4600.  I can boot FC6 with not problems and see
the two pata drives on the system.  There are no SATA drives and the
controller is disabled in the bios.  I can also boot the FC7t3 live dvd and
it work great, but the old rawhide will not boot.  What can I do to get it
to boot again?  Why will it not find the root filesystem?

I need some help, please.

Jim