FC 7 Test 3 fails to boot on Parallels Desktop

Philipp Ott philipp.ott at avalon.at
Sun Apr 8 11:01:06 UTC 2007

Hello!

I have an Intel iMac with Parallels Desktop Build 3188 (product like
VMware) and run FC6 with the ata_piix driver. Trying out the test3
build of FC7 shows that

a) grub cant find the harddisk, choosing "Boot from local harddrive"
yields an error saying there is no harddrive to boot from. However
the harddisk image file is booting by itself fine into FC6.

and

b) the installer cant find a harddisk or the CDROM/DVD drive.
Following the install path I get the option to choose the install
source. When I take the CDROM/DVD drive option it asks me for the
driver. In this list I cant select ata_piix because it isnt there,
and the others dont work.

Regards