F7-T3 RAID/LVM Install Failure

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Apr 2 15:22:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 10:02:12 -0400,
  Chris Lumens <clumens at redhat.com> wrote:
> > When I install these new releases, I
> > reformat almost everything except for /home and a few of my data partitions.
> > Unfortunately, I can install F7-T3 because the installer doesn't recognize
> > my RAID 1 partitions, nor does it recognize my LVM configuration.  Instead,
> > I see /dev/md1 repeated over and over and I see no LVM info.  A similar
> > problem was present in the early releases of FC6, but it was fixed
> > relatively quickly.  Not so with this latest release.  At this point, I'm
> > just hoping that it's fixed before the final spin.
>
> This sounds like something I fixed late last week.  Unfortunately it
> won't be in test3, but if you have the ability to test rawhide, please
> try it and see if it's better now.  If not, please file a bug.

So maybe I wasn't imaging things. Except in my case I saw md0 over and over.
However, I was able to do a successful install with a snapshot from
Friday.

There still is an issue with text installs, and I have reopened the bug
regarding that. That one probably won't effect many people though, as
you have to be doing a text install and deleting some of your raid partitions
and then reconfiguring them.