Wireless does not start on boot in F7T3

B.J. McClure keepertoad at verizon.net
Sat Apr 14 16:11:15 UTC 2007

> I have an Avaya (orinoco chip) pcmcia network adapter plugged into my
> laptop.  Setting up wireless works just fine.
>
> However, on reboot, I must always open System > Administration >
> Network and
> activate the card before it will connect, even though the "Activate
> device
> when computer starts" and "Allow all users to enable and disable this
> service" are both checked.
>
> The wired port, eth0, always  tries to activate even though these
> boxes are
> unchecked for that device, and there is no cable connected.
> Sometimes, it
> even says it is connected, even though it obviously isn't.
>
> Can anyone make sense of this and tell me how to get the wireless
> device
> automatically connected on boot?

Did you look at configuration file in /etc/sysconfig/network-
scripts/<your device name>?  I had difficulty getting the gui to write
to the config file and had to edit by hand.  Make sure the option

	ONBOOT=yes
is set.

Cheers,
B.J.

CentOS 4.4, Linux 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp x86_64 11:05:30 up 20:34, 2 users,
load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.07