Ethernet still unreliable in 2944

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 13:38:11 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 14:05, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> The bug generally pops up when there is moderate activity on the PCI NIC
> connected to the internet and light activity on the local
> net.

I've been seeing this bug for a while, too. I think it was introduced right
after the 2832 build back in Feb. (Since rawhide kernel changelogs do not
correlate version with entries like every other package does, I can't be
certain.) I've shown it to people, but no one's really figured out what's
causing it. The machine has 2 ethernet cards, one connected and one not.
Virtually any network activity like "yum update" is enough to cause the
problem. With hardware like I have, no rawhide kernel has been usable for 2
months.

-Steve