guidelines to install f7 from hard disk?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 22:06:56 UTC 2007

Hello,
I rsynced a x86_64 f7 tree and created a dvd iso image from it.
Can I use this iso to install with hard disk method? Or do I need the
set of multiple CDs?
I can correctly boot from usb key (created using the diskboot.img from
the tree itself), and choose to install/upgrade and select partition
and directory.
It says it cannot find #1 CD...
switching to console shows the partition mounted under /tmp/isodir

Do I have to rename the DVD iso image to anything particular?
Another thing: suppose I have fc6 x86_64 installed and want to upgrade
it, can I have the iso image on the same fc6 / partition or does it
have to be on a different partition from the ones target of my
installation / upgrade?

Thanks for any hint or link to explanation of how the hard disk method
is expected to work.
Gianluca