Burning DVR+R, DVD+R DL

David Hagood david.hagood at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:46:35 UTC 2007

I was trying to burn a DVD+R DL disk in my DVD+R DL drive, and lo and
behold, what jumps out of cdrecord but:

cdrecord: Found DVD+ media but DVD+R/DVD+RW support code is missing.
cdrecord: If you need DVD+R/DVD+RW support, ask the Author for
cdrecord-ProDVD.
cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
cdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found
on this target.

Are there any packages for burning disks that don't carry the burden of
this idiot's paranoia?