FC7 request -- Make it so that /proc/acpi/wakeup flags are automatically enabled for USB and mousepad devices at boot time

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:31:26 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am running the development packages on my HP Pavilion dv1240us.
If I suspend using System-->Suspend, I cannot wake up the machine
by using the mousepad or inserting a USB device.  After harassing the
ACPI development folks, I found out that I needed to enable the
corresponding flags in /proc/acpi/wakeup.  Can we please tweak FC7
so that these ACPI flags are set automatically at boot time?

When I boot, the flags are all disabled:
# cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  Sleep state     Status
PCIB       5            disabled
 LAN       5            disabled
PS2K       3            disabled
PSM1       3            disabled
USB0       3            disabled
USB1       3            disabled
USB2       3            disabled
USB7       3            disabled
If I run:
# echo PSM1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
# echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
# echo USB1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
# echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
# echo USB7 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
I get:
# cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  Sleep state     Status
PCIB       5            disabled
 LAN       5            disabled
PS2K       3             enabled
PSM1       3             enabled
USB0       3             enabled
USB1       3             enabled
USB2       3             enabled
USB7       3             enabled

Once the flags are enabled, I can successfully wake from suspend by
using my Synaptics mousepad or by inserting a USB device.

Thanks,
          Miles