F7T4 DVD rescue mode question

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 27 21:39:01 UTC 2007

I downloaded and burned the F7T4 x86_64 DVD iso with the ultimate goal
of going through a complete installation this weekend.  (Already
running up-to-date rawhide.)  First, however, I thought I'd have a look
at the rescue mode feature.  I'm not sure I understand what's going
on with it anymore.  Can someone set me straight?

My steps:
1.  Insert DVD
2.  Reboot
3.  At the first menu, select "Rescue installed system"
4.  Kernel boots
5.  "Choose a language"  (english)
6.  "Keyboard type" (us)
7.  "Rescue method"
	"What type of media contains the rescue image"

Is the "rescue image" the image I just booted from DVD, or is it
the image I'm trying to rescue on my hard drive?

If it's the former (which seems counterintuitive), selecting "Local
CDROM" at this point causes the DVD to eject.

If it's the latter, the program (Anaconda?) demands to know the
location of a Fedora iso somewhere on my /dev/sda1 (/boot) or /dev/sda2
(LVM /).

This no longer seems to work like the rescue feature I'm accustomed
to.  I looked on the wiki for any enlightenment from the F7 draft
release notes (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats), but found
none.

Is rescue broken, or is my understanding of rescue broken?

Thanks,
Jay