Fedora 7 Test 4 GNOME based i386 Live CD report

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:15:38 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 07:26 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Tomboy is pretty useful though it is not visible in the user interface.
> > I think we can place it in the panel by default along with Abiword in
> > the GNOME based live images atleast.
>
> That too.

Am I the only one experiencing https://bugzilla.redhat.com/237986 ?
That notwithstanding, Tomboy has changed my life.

> > The prime spin still has Firefox, Evolution and three openoffice.org
> > applications which makes sense for RHEL but not for Fedora. I would
> > prefer something more home user oriented for Fedora.
>
> Why on earth do you think firefox, evolution and OOo don't make sense
> for Fedora users ? The only reason OOo is not on the livecd is space.

It specially makes sense since it's a major attractor for people to
FOSS.  I've used it to get several people started on Linux who
originally just wanted office productivity software.  I see a lot of
primary and secondary schools getting their kids into using presentation
software -- for better or worse, being able to offer it, in a form that
is compatible with Teacher's system, is a good thing.