virtual machine manager and qemu/kvm in f7

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:10:28 UTC 2007

In fc6 I had to use directly command line, with qemu 0.8.2 and kvm-12.
Now I upgraded my x86_64 system to f7 and I have qemu 0.9, kvm-19,
libvirt 0.2.2 and virt-manager 0.4.
In fc6 I created a qemu/kvm windows xp machine and the command line I
used to run it was:

 qemu-kvm -m 512 -hda  winxp_kvm/hda.img -localtime -no-acpi -soundhw es1370

Now I'm testing virt-manager and I was able to "install" (actually
sort of import pointing the hd and simulating install and then
rebooting) the vm in virt-manager, but I'm not able to get the correct
network config.
Previously, not specifying anything on command line, the "Userspace
SLIRP stack" was used (see also http://libvirt.org/format.html).
How can I replicate this in virt-manager? It seems I have not the option...
I would also like to know if I can specify other qemu options such as:
sound hw,
the -localtime option (necessary for my clock that appears wrong now
when I run win xp from virt-manager)
-no-acpi

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca