F7 - installation hangs - during boot ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 30 10:54:23 UTC 2007

Amit Rana wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install F7 test 4 on my new laptop [Inspiron6400,
> Intel(R) core(TM)2 Duo Processor T7200, 60GB SATA 7200RPM, 2GB ram]
>
> I have verified checksum of dvd is correct.
>
> My installation hangs after giving following message:

> TCP remo registered
> checking if image is initramfs...<6>Switched to high resolution mode on
> CPU 1
> Switched to high resolution mode on CPU 0
Are you booting the installer from cd / dvd / other method ?

Notebook sounds similar in spec to my HP nx6320. The installer gets to
checking the harddisks to determine whether it might be possible to
upgrade., but can not find the SATA disk at all.

I don't think you are getting that far ?

David Timms.