Fedora 7 Test 4 GNOME based i386 Live CD report

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 13:26:44 UTC 2007

> And remember that the application usage you reference comes
> > from Mugshot, and not from the general base of all Fedora users, so it's
> > statistically very questionable as a basis for making decisions about
> > which applications to {in,ex}clude.
>
> It is a metric which gives you an idea unless you have something better.

But it is not clear at all how to interpret the data. The mere fact that
the terminal shows up high on the list does not tell you that  you must
make the terminal easier available. Maybe people hate that they are
forced to use the terminal so much, and we should work on reducing the
need to do so...

> Who said anything about leaving out? I am talking about *icons on the
> GNOME panel*.

Ah, that wasn't clear to me at all. In that case, I tend to agree a bit
more. But the answer may be more radical, like doing away with the top
panel, and replace it with bigboard.

Matthias