sd, sd, who's got the sd - f7 work required before release!

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Apr 30 21:24:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:28:43 +1000
David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> * need to be able to set the labels in anaconda partitioning - currently
> you can set the mount point - but not the label.

Amen to this. Might not be possible to automatically fix everything
that can happen, but if I know I'm installing in a machine
where I'm going to be plugging back in some disks, it would be
exceedingly handy to be able to explicitly set the disk label during
install so I don't have to change the label later and fix grub.conf
and fstab files.

Worse yet, the system can use labels for lots of different kinds of
partitions, yet as near as I can tell, no available linux tool can change
the label on anything except an ext2/3 partition (swap is a common one
that comes to mind).