Firefox performance sucks!

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Aug 28 22:23:41 UTC 2007

> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what to look for in the prefs.js file, but if someone else
> > is intersted in grabbing my original (broken?) prefs.js file and trying
> > it on their install (to see if it causes the same grief) then that might
> > be interesting to do.
> >
> > Should I file a bug against this?
>
> Maybe in Mozilla Bugzilla but I foobar'ed my configuration and I have no
> idea what's wrong with it doesn't really make up for a good bug report.
> If it wasn't custom configurations then it might make sense to do that.

Ruhul,

That's the thing.  I didn't Foobar my prefs.js file.  In fact, I've only
ever changed a few things in it and they didn't affect performance at
the time.

Something has changed in firefox/seamonkey that now doesn't like
something in my prefs.js file and which is affecting performance.

In fact, it appears my wife is having the same issues too, and she's
never touched her prefs.js file (she wouldn't know what it was or where
to find it).

In short: this isn't something I've done.

I'm going to find out if my wife's prefs.js file in bunk and then file
upstream at firefox.

R.

 It's much better on my side"