Stupid question about updates

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Aug 15 21:10:58 UTC 2007

On Mi August 15 2007, Arch Willingham wrote:

> take to update the servers once y'all post it (I.E. for example, one
> notification just hit called "Fedora 7 Test Update:
> kernel-2.6.22.2-57.fc7"...how long until I do a yum update will it take
> before I get it?). I know that answer is impossible to answer
> specifically...I was just wondering in general what happens.

you can update to it with "yum --enablerepo updates-testing update kernel"
shortly after the message was sent, in case there are no major bugs found, an
update should arrive within two weeks in the updates repository. But this is
completely left to the maintainer, so everything is possible. In detail, the
maintainer decides when it is time to move the package to updates, clicks a
button in a web application and then someone moves it to the updates
repository, this happens normally within 24 hours.

Regards,
Till