Pidgin Hammering CPU after last update

Haydn Solomon haydn.solomon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:40:58 UTC 2007

I'm keeping an eye on it. I've a sysmonitor now on my taskbar for monitoring
as I realize it doesn't happen all the time. Something would trigger it and
pidgin process would take up a lot of cpu. Can't say how often it happens as
I only installed it yesterday. I haven't pinned it down yet but keeping an
eye on it. I'm running it on a dell 1720 core 2 duo and using gnome desktop.

I don't know if I should send out another email but here are some other
issues I'm having with f8 test 1

-  my openoffice writer as well as abiword seems very unstable. I'm not even
able to open openoffice.
- on startup dhcdbd won't start because of missing /lib/lsb/init-functions
file missing
- on my gnome desktop, unable to set time. I only have option to "copy time"
and "copy date". Typo maybe?

I'll post if I get any more info/evidence. thanks.