DVD Install of F8T1 failed on Dell Inspiron 860

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sat Aug 18 17:26:12 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 09:05:09AM +0200, Ronald Warsow wrote:

> some month ago there was a broadcast with a boot option on
> {test,devel}-list to slow down booting

You are likely thinking about 'boot_delay=150' (you can vary
that number).

> don't remember if it was build in special.

It should work but it will be not of much help if there is
no visible output from this kernel at all.  That is why
I suggested before looking at 'earlyprintk' and making sure
that 'quiet' is not in use.  I do not know if this was tried.

  Michal