Fedora 7 Test Update: gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.6-1.fc7

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Aug 22 01:57:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 09:00 -0700, updates at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2007-1676
> 2007-08-20 09:00:15.698418
>
> Name        : gstreamer-plugins-good
> Product     : Fedora 7
> Version     : 0.10.6
> Release     : 1.fc7
> Summary     : GStreamer plug-ins with good code and licensing
> Description :
> GStreamer is a streaming media framework, based on graphs of filters which
> operate on media data. Applications using this library can do anything
> from real-time sound processing to playing videos, and just about anything
> else media-related.  Its plugin-based architecture means that new data
> types or processing capabilities can be added simply by installing new
> plug-ins.
>
> GStreamer Good Plug-ins is a collection of well-supported plug-ins of
> good quality and under the LGPL license.

> ChangeLog:
>
> * Thu Jul 26 2007 - Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> - 0.10.6-1
> - Update to 0.10.6 (#249598)
> - Remove outdated FLAC patch
> - Add new plugins including the QuickTime demuxer
> - Enable experimental plugins, the wavepack and v4l2src plugins (#250886)

This seems to work fine.

That said, I've had to uninstall gstreamer-plugins-bad (from livna) to
install it (due to the conflict over QuickTime) and I can't wait to get
it reinstalled because I can't figure out what QuickTime stuff this lets
me view/listen to, but most of my .mov and other apple stuff no longer
works.

It is good to have something come over from -bad to -good however.

R.

 It's much better on my side"