problems with perl MakeMaker

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 14:41:44 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:25:50 AM
Subject: problems with perl MakeMaker

Dear all,

I have a laptop that runs rawhide.  I am having difficulties updating it, since it is asking for yum MakeMaker or something like it.  I remember on the list a similar problem but cannot find it as of right now.

I have put these packages that depend on that one excluded.  Still the message appears again.  Can someone shed some light to fix this issue?

Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check

Running rpm_check_debug
ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
Package spamassassin needs perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker), this is not available.
Complete!

Regards,

Antonio

I have found the answer to my own question.

[root at localhost Download]# yum install perl-ExtUtils*

Thanks anyhow.

Regards,

Antonio