I miss usb just working

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 07:52:52 UTC 2007

On 30/08/2007, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:

> A while ago, I could plug in a mouse and it would 'Just Work'.  Now, I
> can spend all day plugging in a mouse and it might work, but not often
> enough to bother unplugging and plugging until it decides to work.
>
> What gives?

Wave a dead chicken over it?

Seriously, is this another $PROGRAM_OR_PERIPHERAL sucks! thread? Do you
realise that if USB wasn't working for people there would be plenty of noise
about it? You need to understand that for the majority USB _is_ working and
so if you want any kind of sane answer then some diagnostics would help.

Is there a bug about this, or am I the one to file it.  (Bugzilla
> searching scares me a little).

Why?

Chris

--