Status of my updates

Antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:20:21 UTC 2007

2007/12/5, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>:

> --- Antonio <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) I am running kernel 2.6.24-0.66.rc3.git7.fc9 and
> > it boots fine
>
> There's  a new kernel 0.73 which appears on rawhide
> report, will take it for a spin.  0.66 is running fine
> after all the unsuccessful ones following 42
>
> > 2) I find that menus are less fast to answer than
> > before....
>
> Agreed :)
>
> > 3) I installed gdm on two different systems: the
> > nvidia card system
> > still has problems with respawning, the other system
> > works but gdm is
> > very ugly, and the shutdown button is not working: I
> > do not see any
> > improvement since first day of F9
>
> For sometime in a while gdm appears on one of my
> machines running rawhide :).  The gdm is indeed ugly,
> but at least now it is working :) and not respawning
> :(
>
> > 4) seamonkey cannot be upgraded because of
> > dependency issues with nss and nspr
>
> Agree with you here.
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: nspr >= 4.7.0 is needed by
> package seamonkey
> Error: Missing Dependency: nss >= 3.12.0 is needed by
> package seamonkey
>

> > 5) xlurunner has similar problems
>

> > --
> > Antonio Montagnani
> > Skype : antoniomontag
> >
> > --
>
> It is coming along.  As another person on this list
> has mentioned, the joys of running rawhide.  :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

I am running rawhide on my office laptop and I am happy about it, and
on my desktop at home.....basically I am missing the nvidia driver (as
on my home desktop I have a nvidia card) with 3D capabilities. I had
installed it from freshrpms but after latest updates of X I had to
deinstall as it is not compatible...I understand that also a new
driver from Nvidia is on teh way, am I wrong???
About menus, I find that sometimes they go out of control, some
application is started even if I didn't push the button on my menu.Do
you agree???
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag