rawhide report: 20071212 changes

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 02:01:50 UTC 2007

--- Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:

> > > The only catch is that in this moment it will
> not
> > > boot; although
> > > it does boot with a correct initrd.
>      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > I have tried this kernel and it is booting for me.
>
> Sigh!  Read again the above, please.  That kernel
> looks fine.
> Results depend which version of 'mkinitrd' was used
> to create its
> initrd image.
>
> Yes, I can boot that kernel too once I created for
> it an initrd
> image with required modules.
>
>     Michal
>
> --

I do not know which mkinitrd created that specific
kernel, but the version on my machine is
mkinitrd-6.0.20-1.fc9

I did read through your message, but another poster
said that on x86_64 it was not working :(.  I just
replied that I was lucky that it worked for me :)
without messing with mkinitrd.

Regards,

Antonio