Synaptics works again . . xorg.conf works now

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Fri Dec 14 10:33:40 UTC 2007

Dnia 2007-12-14, o godz. 10:26:51 "Bryn M. Reeves" <breeves at redhat.com>
napisał(a):

> Finally got round to pulling this onto my laptop & although synaptics is
> mostly working now, the "extra" mouse keys on my thinkpad T60 (the group
> of three above the pad) are not working. The two below the pad are
> working just fine.
>
> Anyone else seeing this, or have suggestions to debug?
The keys above the touchpad are the mouse buttons of the "joystick", not the
touchpad. If it's disabled in the BIOS, the buttons shouldn't work. I remember
being surprised when the joystick and its buttons stopped working when I
plugged PS/2 mouse in :) Anyhow, even if it's enabled, it's the secound mouse
device, which Xorg should detect by itself, unless you have a static xorg.conf
telling it to you the touchpad exclusively.

Lam