Fedora Unity Re-Spin

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 00:31:00 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram said the following on 12/19/2007 05:25 AM Pacific Time:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> For anyone interested in testing stuff, Fedora Unity has another
>> Re-Spin that we need people to check items off a test-matrix for, to
>> verify there is no regression in this Re-Spin -compared to the
>> original Fedora 8 release media.
>>
>> If you are interested, join the Fedora Unity websites and drop a
>> message on the test-team mailing list so we can give you access to the
>> files and the matrix, or join us in #fedora-unity on FreeNode.
>>
>> Looking forward to your contributions and feedback,
>
> Would you consider opening access to test releases to everyone? I doubt
> a huge number is going to jump on to download test releases anyway so
> the bandwidth constraints shouldn't be too high. If users have to jump
> through hoops to get access to test releases, you might loose very value
> feedback.
>
> Rahul

What hoops?  It was easy :)

1) I went to #fedora-unity on IRC and said I wanted to help
   --everyone is friendly and very helpful
2) They changed the ACL on my fedora unity account to access the jigdo
template
3) Using my own local cache of files I built the latest F7 DVD ISO and
test F8 DVD ISO w/o any problems.
4) Been installing away using xen instances.
5) The test matrix is in a plone instance that was super easy to edit...
no crazy wiki editing.

I think it is great they advertised here.

John