KDE 4 live image for i686

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Wed Dec 26 03:06:18 UTC 2007

On Tue December 25 2007, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> I'm not sure if installation would work. With my limited test
> capabilities over christmas I cannot test these properly. In my tests
> on one machine I've got problems with the partitioning. If this also
> happens to you, please bug it.

LiveCD worked great on an ASUS G2S-B2 gaming laptop, which I bought to do
video editing on. It's pretty close to cutting edge. I've had little to no
success on making any distro work on it all weekend, though with some
tinkering, I was able to get F8 to install and come up with the VESA driver.

Your rawhide snapshot was a breath of fresh air after a lot of failed testing
this weekend, and booted right into the desktop. Installation failed during
the partitioning phase, however. Worse, I couldn't get into the bugzilla site
even though I had net access and pages like CNN.com were loading fine. I did
put in https://bugzilla.redhat.com

So, I couldn't file a bugzilla with the rather extensive log report I got when
the install failed.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA