Status of my updates

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 21:47:22 UTC 2007

Antonio wrote:
> I am running rawhide on my office laptop and I am happy about it, and
> on my desktop at home.....basically I am missing the nvidia driver (as
> on my home desktop I have a nvidia card) with 3D capabilities. I had
> installed it from freshrpms but after latest updates of X I had to
> deinstall as it is not compatible...I understand that also a new
> driver from Nvidia is on teh way, am I wrong???

Yes you're right a new driver is on the way, however it could still be awhile.
The nvidia reps at nvnews.net have stated they are waiting for the changed abi
to settle before they get moving on the driver... could be weeks to a month or
more to a beta there.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 at pgp.mit.edu