Hal daemon is not started at boot time

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Dec 10 11:51:48 UTC 2007

Antonio M wrote:

>>> It may be configured, but on my box it was not actually running. Trying to start
>>> it produced SELinux errors. Setting SELinux to permissive (setenforce 0) allowed
>>> haldeamon to run and I had sound using Rhythmbox.

Haldaemon fails for me in enforcing also. Running setenforce 0 before
trying to start Hal daemon allows it to work.

Raw Audit Messages :avc: denied { read } for comm=hald dev=sda6 egid=0
euid=0 exe=/usr/sbin/hald exit=3 fsgid=0 fsuid=0 gid=0 items=0
name=PolicyKit.reload pid=2864 scontext=system_u:system_r:hald_t:s0
sgid=0 subj=system_u:system_r:hald_t:s0 suid=0 tclass=file
tcontext=system_u:object_r:system_crond_var_lib_t:s0 tty=(none) uid=0

>> It solved everything: now the system is fully working!!!!!

Not yet. The SELinux error needs evaluated. I still have sound with or
without the daemon running.

--
You've always made the mistake of being yourself.
		-- Eugene Ionesco