Hal daemon is not started at boot time

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Dec 10 23:01:02 UTC 2007

Antonio M wrote:

> Jim
>
> Of course selinux errors have to be evaluated, I checked in bugzilla
> but I didn't find anything matching these kind of errors. Shall we
> file a new bug???

A report might be a good idea. The SELinux errors I submitted were fixed
fairly quickly. I have a few more errors to evaluate with SELinux
regarding gdm-session-worker and (local_login_t)for search and for link.

> I meant that I can run my Pc with full capacity with Selinux=permissive.....

Sorry ... I knew what you meant. I just think running without SELinux is
too dangerous since some denials it showed in the browser looked like
intrusion attempts, which it prevented. The errors went away in a short
time. A little paranoid but the added security protection is what I
prefer to run at. I set SELinux back to active once gdm and hal start
successfully (or sufficiently in reality).
Jim

--
You've always made the mistake of being yourself.
		-- Eugene Ionesco