gnome settings deamon error

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 14:59:08 UTC 2007

Dear list,

In the last few days, I got a popup when starting from CLI in level 3 after typing startx,

\begin{QUOTE}

There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work correctly.

The last error message was:

An SELinux policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in.

\end{QUOTE}

I know Jim has mentioned this as well, but has this bug been entered into bugzilla?

Regards,

Antonio