CD writer and USB disk are not mounted

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Dec 14 12:27:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 11:07 +0100, Leszek Matok wrote:
> Dnia 2007-12-14, o godz. 18:41:48 John Summerfield
> <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> napisał(a):
>
> > have you ever popped a used CD-RW in a CD burner so you can burn another
> > image to it, then had the desktop on another virtual console automount
> > the frigging thing?
> Yeah, all the time. But would you prefer a pop-up window looking like this:
>
> "You have inserted a CD-RW full of data into a burner.
>
> Please chose what you want to do with it:
> [Mount and open in a browser window]
> [Blank and open a CD/DVD wizard]
> [Eject the disk and let me put a blank one in]"
> ?
Exactly this is what is happening when inserting a mixed-mode (aka
"enhanced audio cd") into a cdrw/cdrom.

> I totally prefer it doing one default thing which doesn't bother me at all as
> long as I can go to the burning wizard and tell it to burn things down (it
> should ask me for blanking at that point).
In an ideal world, if it was functional, I'd prefer this, but reality is
different.

What I see happening on FC8 (e.g. while having a audio-cd ripper
application opened) is several applications being launched
simultaneously and struggling on device access.

Ralf