rawhide report: 20071220 changes

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:29:48 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 3:12 PM, Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 13:53 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > > swfdec-0.5.5-2.fc9
> > > ------------------
> > > * Wed Dec 19 2007 Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org> - 0.5.5-2
> > > - Build w/ pulse audio support.
> > >

> > Probably not a whole lot of point enabling the PulseAudio support yet
> > as it doesn't yet work. See this post from a couple of days ago, not
> > that audio worked when it was compiled with alsa.
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-December/msg00399.html
>
> Um, I was the one that wrote that message, so I obviously was aware of
> it.  I spent some time working with upstream yesterday, and was able to
> get the pa support to work in Rawhide.

Ah OK, I'll have another look and see how I go. Should it work with PA
on Fedora8? I haven't had much luck with it up to now (either from
rawhide packages or compiling it myself with either alsa or PA options
compiled in).

I can download the FLV separately or specify the URL and play it
straight form totem with sound (not sure if swfdec uses gst or
something else) but through the gnome player or the plugin it plays
fine minus sounds.

Peter